There are some useful commands for VPS and also good for beginners!
1. Used for Checking RAM!
2. Used for Checking SSD/HDD
3. Used for Switching directories.
cd [ folder/file name ]
4. Used for making Directory.
mkdir [ folder name ]
5. Used for moving Files or Folder
mv [ filename or folder ] [ New folder or Location ]
6. Renaming File or folder
mv [ old name ] [ new name ]
7. Copy files or folders
cp [ file or folder ] [ new location or folder ]
8. Removing/Delete files.
9. Checking files and folders in which directory in you are.
10. Download any file or URL
wget [ filename or URL ]
11. Changing your VPS/SSH password
12. Giving folder/file permissions.
chmod -777 [ filename or folder ]
13. Unzip zip files!
unzip [ filename ]
14. Creating or extracting tar commands example:
Create a new tar archive.
tar cvf archive_name.tar dirname/
Extract from an existing tar archive.
tar xvf archive_name.tar
15. Create or Extract gzip files:
To create a *.gz compressed file:
$ gzip test.txt
To uncompress a *.gz file:
$ gzip -d test.txt.gz
16. Checking the users controlling your VPS/accounts.
18. To get the current working directory of a process.
pwdx [process ID]
18. Checking network status.
19. Checking VPS Running programs!
20. Creating a manually document file.
touch [ filename with extension ]
ALL THESE 20 Commands are Very useful.. and very helpful.
THANKS FOR Reading!