Cloud Linux OS is an operation system that use for shared hosting providers.
this OS is CentOS Based software and will be replace with CentOS , with cloud Linux you can limit resources for users.
i want to learn you that how can you convert your CentOS server to Cloud Linux server.
1. CentOS 6.9 Hybrid or 7.x
2. Cloud Linux activation or IP based license
3. installed WHM/CPanel on CentOS server.
when you install Cloud Linux , it will be install a practical add-on on CPanel : PHP Version Selector , it will access user to enable PHP add-ons for own and limit some parameter of php.ini just for own account.
if you want try Cloud Linux , you can get free trial activation key for 30 days in this URL ( this website not service to limited countries like Iran , North Korea , etc ... ):
first of all please update your CentOs with below command:
then, you should install Cloud Linux repositories , so please login on ssh on console , then execute this command:
if you have activation key , please execute this command ( replace "<activation key>" with your key ):
else , you can install cloud Linux with IP address :
Cloud Linux have smart installer script it can detect environment , virtualization type ( Like Xen , KVM, VMWare and etc ... ) , control panels and etc ...
it will be install any require drive automatically.
if you was install Easy Apache 3 , it will rebuild any process because Apache module need it, or if you installed Easy Apache 4 it will be install all of Apache module RPM packages, so you not need more action, when you execute installer script you just should wait to fully install.
after install , you should reboot OS for load server Cloud Linux kernel. you can reboot OS with this command:
now your CentOS server is converted to Cloud Linux OS.
after reboot OS , please login to WHM panel and check plugins sections. you will see that LVE Manager is added to this section, when you enter on it, you will see 6 tabs:
1. Currect Usage: in this tab you can see which user using how much resource now.
2. Users: in this tab you can limit users in using resources.
3. Statistics: in this tab you can see users usage history.
4. Options: in this tab you can configuration Cloud Linux.
5. Packages: in this tab you can limit packages , and when you will create a new account in this package user usage limit will be assigned automatically.
6. Selectors: in this tab you can config default PHP Add-ons of PHP native in CPanel PHP selector.
when ever you want uninstall Cloud Linux and come back to CentOs , just you should execute this command:
Cloud Linux automatically uninstall and after reboot you have CentOS.
if you have any question please comment it.
have a good time.